Welcome to Disaster Preparedness and Management
This unit is designed to equip you with the knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to understand the concept of disaster preparedness and management with a view of employing Disaster Risk Reduction strategies in the wake of regular disaster occurrences. This course will thus explain the meanings of various concepts used in DRR and DPM
By the end of this course you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operations and purpose of Disaster preparedness and management and the roles of various players in DRR in ensuring the safety of the citizens.
- Have a clear understanding of the operations, challenges and procedures involved in disaster management.
- Understand how to act or respond to a disaster event within ones locality, and to,
- Have a broad understanding of disasters prone to our country and possible ways of managing them or how to develop coping mechanisms and resilience.
- Teacher: Victor Herbert Okongo